I'm glad to announce this new release of xfce4-notifyd which ships mostly bug fixes and code cleanups. Theming has also been improved with additional style properties and drawing fixes. Xfce4-notifyd themes may need to be updated to take advantage of those new style properties and to adapt to the theming changes. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks a lot to all the persons who contributed to this release and kept me motivated! This is the result of your work!
libnotify is now required as a dependency to build a test suite and to show improved notification previews.
- Add a category to the settings dialog for Xfce4 Settings Manager.
- Add widget names to summary ("summary") and body ("body") widgets to allow easier theming. Remove the redundant / buggy summary-bold style property (bug #8431). Themes will have to be updated accordingly.
- Fix notifications not disappearing after clicking an action button.
- Handle timeout correctly when smaller than fading time (bug #8580).
- Avoid flickering of the notifications.
- Accept uri of images in icon_name parameter.
- Parse body with g_markup_escape_text which allows us to handle span attributes misused by some clients and to parse strings with "unusual" characters such as & (bug #7773, #8187).
- Respect border-width when drawing the notification (bug #9475).
- Do not kill notification daemon to apply new theme. Instead, handle style updates of existing notifications.
- Show a button in the notification preview (bug #9982).
- Add an icon to the notification preview.
Arabic, Basque, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Castilian, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Danish, English, Finnish, Flemish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uyghur and Valencian.